Thursday 29 January 2015

Great Bargains, Toilet Paper Mix up and Birthday Plans

Earlier Ollie and I went to Starbucks with the egift cards my mom got us for Christmas. The cashier had never seen them before. When they worked she thought they were magic or something. We had our grande lattes and were on our way. But first I dragged Ollie into Accessorize-I've been looking for a laptop bag for a few days, but I'm really picky. Until I came across a bag that said £5, sold as is. The zipper pull was broken, but it still zipped if you pulled it with one finger on top and my thumb on the bottom. It was gorgeous, I had to have it. So I walked out of the store with this:
Don't mind the model in the background holding the handbag. Just kidding, it's not a model, it's Ollie wearing his new Detroit hoodie that I brought back for him. Thanks mom!

So I have some awesome news! Ollie and I have decided to take a vacation this summer. We live in Europe right now, so why not take advantage of our geographical location and go somewhere cool to explore? We'd love to go to Prague, but I've already been there. However I'd go again in a heartbeat. That city is so rich with history. Plus the architecture is gorgeous. Also we're looking at Italy, Sweden, Iceland and Spain. Any other recommendations? We're going to think about where we want to go for the next week and then we're going to decide and book the trip. I'm so excited! I really do love traveling. I have my mom to thank for that, she's a world traveler. She's been everywhere! I've never been on vacation with a partner and nor has Ollie, really- unless you count our trip to London over Christmas, but that was in the country so I don't count it. So yeah, please-if you have been to any cities that you've traveled to and you loved please let me know!

After I got my purse, Ollie and I went to Savers down the street for paper towel, or as they call it in this country, kitchen paper. We found a great deal, 2 pounds for 9 rolls. We walked out and as soon as we got home Ollie turned around and said "Uhh...Leah?" and I said what? It turned out we bought cheap toilet paper rather than the paper towels that we needed. We were both too lazy to go back so I'll be heading back after my lectures tonight.

Ollie's birthday is on Sunday and I've been treating it as his "birthday week" and I've let him open a present every day this week. His biggest gift, which I will be giving to him tomorrow, I will be putting together while he's at work. Jilly was going to help me, but she's going home for the weekend. I've got this! I'm excited to see Ollie's reaction. It's a great gift and I know nobody's given it to him before. Well, at least I don't think. I will tell you guys after I give it to him, because he reads my blog and I don't want him to be spoiled on what it is! So far I've given him 4 types of loose leaf teas, a spoon specifically to scoop tea (called the perfect tea spoon), a USB cup warmer because his tea gets cold when he's working and now he can just put it on a little mount that warms his mug, and a few other things that are escaping my mind. The best is yet to come! It's time I get ready for my 4 pm lecture; Case Studies in Film History.
Adios!
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment