Friday 9 January 2015

It was a long, crazy day

Where do I begin?!

5:15 am: train to Shrewsbury, England

7:15 am: taxi to Birmingham International

9:25 am: flight to Amsterdam

1:30 pm (delayed): 9 hour flight to Detroit.

There was no in flight entertainment because the little media players that you get to use on international flights that I've come to rely on were broken. So I essentially sat and did nothing for 9 hours and thought it would never end. It didn't help that in my state of exhaustion within the first flight I sat on the toilet in a puddle of urine. As some of you know I'm a total germaphobe and that set the tone for the rest of the flight.

At one point an immigration officer began grilling the man next to me. We were stood in a crowd of people, irritated that the luggage was taking longer than an hour to come out. He asked the man where he had traveled from. He replied with "Africa" and slowly about 10 people turned around to stare in horror. One man grabbed his kids and hid them behind him. Even I was scared. The immigration officer even got the hell away from him! However he was in Somalia which isn't anywhere near the places in Africa effected by the outbreak.

I think I'm over exhausted because when I got home and took a shower I was convinced either my cousin (who's in town) or my sister came upstairs and purposely scared me. I jumped and said "oh my god you scared me!" Then when I came downstairs I found out that nobody had attempted to scare me while I was in the shower and I must have imagined it. I'm officially going nuts. Maybe I should get some sleep soon, my brain thinks it's 2 am.

Carter (my sister's dog) just bent down to sit in his bed and I was convinced he was pooping in the house and I yelled out "he's pooping!!" and my family just said Leah your traveling hallucinations are getting worse, go to bed!!!! He wasn't pooping at all.

I'm not going to bed yet. I'm enjoying hanging out with my family and sitting in front of the fire. Until tomorrow, readers.
Leah

My mom took a photo of me arriving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment