Saturday 10 January 2015

January 10th

This afternoon I was backing out of the driveway at my mom's house (with my cousin Meghan in the passenger's seat) and my mirror collided with the gate we used to use for the dog. The whole thing just crashed into the gate and suddenly the mirror was hanging on by a thread. Well, technically by a wire. Meghan thought it was hilarious, but it scared the hell out of me. I'm supposed to be driving a lot of places while I'm home and within the first minute I get into my car I've already been into a minor accident. My dad is unaware of this accident, and it should remain so until he gets back from his trip in California. For anyone wondering why, my parents bought me the car and it kills them everytime I damage it.. two summers ago I backed into another gate. When I was in highschool someone in the parking lot smashed into my car and didn't even leave a note. My poor car has been through a lot. Oh and that's without mentioning that the brake pads have been replaced because they stopped working and the battery has died 4 times. My car is a total lemon. Oh, and I forgot to mention-my parents bought me the car for my 16th birthday and it was new. We bought a new lemon. Although it doesn't help that I am great at running my car into stationary objects.

I got my haircut after the car debacle. I cut off 6 inches, it's a lot shorter. Ollie doesn't really like short hair but he said I look beautiful. I was worried he would say it was too short, but he loves it! After that I tried to fix my phone but it still won't work. For some reason I can't text or use the internet. Basically the 3G isn't working. Which is really frustrating when you're temporarily out of town from your partner. I'm off to the Sprint store tomorrow.

We went to grandpa's for dinner tonight to celebrate his 83rd birthday. It's on Wednesday, but since Meghan is in town this weekend we celebrated early. We did his laundry, ate Chinese food, and had celebratory apple pie. We all ate too much. Also, having pie after Chinese was a horrible idea. After dinner I accidentally knocked over my plate with leftover food an a cup of cranberry juice. Right on the carpet. Grandpa saw the whole thing in slow motion and after it all fell he said "I told you that table was going to fall!" Then he and I both watched as Andi, Meghan and my mom scrambled to clean it all up before I even registered how badly I screwed up.

Tomorrow I'm having a lazy day. Breakfast with the family-and we're drinking mimosas. My family is always drinking wine, but I don't drink wine. Oh, unless it's with orange juice! Of course, sparkling wine. I wouldn't put Merlot in with orange juice. I'm looking forward to Monday. The day I pick up Sailor!

No comments:

Post a Comment