Monday 26 January 2015

I'm back!

Today I began my second term of grad school. I was 10 minutes late, but I thought it was a miracle I even showed up to my seminar because of my massive jetlag hangover. Getting out of bed this morning was not fun. I missed the UK. I missed my friends in Wales. Of course I missed by boyfriend. Last night my friends and I met up for Indian food to celebrate the end of the first term's assignments finishing. Jilly dipped her sleeve in Korma. Dan ordered the Indian version of spaghetti bolognese. Nothing Peter or Ollie did was noteworthy. However I felt like I had to mention their existence. Oh, Ollie just pointed out that he did do something cool, he ordered a sizzler. Basically this hot platter that comes out with the food still sizzling. I thought it was going to be a spectacle, kind of how fajitas are when you order them at a restaurant. The sizzling steak and peppers on the platter, the warm tortillas and all the fillings on the plate. I don't personally like fajitas, never have. Just wanted to put that out there. 

My first flight was 8 hours-a red eye. It left at 9:30 pm and arrived into Paris at 10:00 am. I had a nice layover in Paris for about an hour and a half and then took a plane to England. Was I done in England? No sir. I then took a train all the way from England to Wales for 3.5 hours. Luckily Ollie met me at the airport (he trekked 3.5 hours to pick me up, awwwwh) so the train ride wasn't as bad. So it's awesome I can say that I've been in 4 countries in 24 hours. How badass!

I brought Ollie over 20 boxes of Kraft Mac and Cheese from America. We have an entire cabinet dedicated to mac and cheese in our kitchen. While I type this Ollie is pacing (he paces all the time, it's an Ollie-ism) and drinking the tea I just reviewed on my tea reviewing blog. I didn't really like the tea and I don't need the caffeine. When Ollie paces he talks to me at the same time but usually I don't listen carefully enough and just agree with whatever he's saying. Then after I've registered what he's actually said I say "what???" and make him repeat whatever he's saying. I think that's the ADD part of me. I'm shocked he's never been frustrated with me over that, honestly.

Oh, so tomorrow I will be watching 2 silent films for my Case Studies in Film History module. I've never watched a silent film without being forced to. Honestly, silent films creep me out a bit. Especially the one we're watching tomorrow, it's a silent horror film. I think it's something to do with the music used in silent films in the background to add effect that creeps me out. I can't put my finger on it. 

I'd just like to point out that I've brought back over 7 kinds of tea from America to Wales. Ollie and I are in tea heaven. Also my cousin and I are mailing each other tea, like a tea pen pal. How great is that? She lives in New Jersey. Okay, time to finish watching American Horror Story, season 4. Only two episodes left!

Talk soon!
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment